[Xastir] Using TT4 as digi/igate questions

Norman Heyen n.heyen at comcast.net
Sat May 22 21:45:39 EDT 2010

Hi folks,

I've got a TT4 with Alpha 0.64 firmware up and running as an Igate. Seems to
be OK but I'm running it in KISS mode with the Serial KISS interface.

When I look at my raw packets on APRS.fi I only see my twice per hour beacon
being sent out. I think this because I'm in KISS mode but not sure. Is that
true?

So if I want to act as a fill-in digi I need to drop that and use the serial
TNC interface. Right?

And to do that I need to change the configuration in the TT4 firmware from
AMODE = KISS to AMODE = TEXT

And what is the correct startup and stop files to use? They default to
tnc-startup.sys and tnc-stop,sys. Other than uncomment out the line to use
my alias as WIDE1-1, what else should I change?

I've got things sort of working right at the moment but would like to get
the last piece of my little puzzle in place before I wrap this up. I don't
want to do something that is going to cause a lot of QRM, but here and on
the air. :-)

Thanks for any pointers!

Norman

KC9NVN