[Xastir] Xastir Digest, Vol 54, Issue 27

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun May 23 12:58:12 EDT 2010

On Sun, 23 May 2010, Guy Story KC5GOI wrote:

> I got my maps working yesterday evening.  There was not much of a learning
> curve for me on this one since WinAPRS uses the same format with the
> exception of the image size field and that was easy.  I am currently having
> tie point accuracy issues but I can get that taken care of.  My maps are not
> lining up to the Tiger maps, sometimes off by close to a half mile and
> distorted image.

Which Tiger maps?  The online ones?  Be aware they use an odd
projection (sine) so they are more accurate at the middle of the
image as far as Xastir is concerned than the edges.

If you're talking about Tiger Shapefile downloaded maps, it's
possible you're dealing with a datum difference between the two
types of maps.