[Xastir] 1.9.4 and problem with new Ubuntu 10.04

Steve Rogers kd5mkv at hotmail.com
Sat May 29 15:34:33 EDT 2010

I have tried Ubuntu 10.4 and had many problems other than Xastir. I chosen to stay with 9.10 version. I upgraded using CVS ubuntu 9.04/9.10. Yes it looks like a very challenging task but you'll be rewarded with the latest. The two things I encountered was the nano GNU (unix editor) you need to know the key commands to save the script. And it turns off and the command line continues. I copied and pasted each line of the CVS instructions and enter <CR> and the code would download. I have done this on two machines and it works!
   I am not a programmer, I have used Ubuntu for only a year to use XASTIR! Steve KD5MKV