[Xastir] 1.9.4 and problem with new Ubuntu 10.04

LA5PPA la5ppa at nrrl.no
Sat May 29 13:34:02 EDT 2010

Hi, been using Xastir at my IGate for some years now but I wanted to
upgrade my 9.04 Ubuntu to the lates 10.x

The installation of 10.x on one of my old IBM T40's went ok and
installing Xastir went ok until I tried to start it, after 2 seconds
Ubuntu restart and I have to log on again.

(I do have another computer with Ubuntu 9.04 installed and everything
works fine and I have installed this many times for my own training and
showing other how easy it is to use Xastir.)

I'm using the Synaptic module to add Xastir and it only find 1.9.4..

Is this a know problem ??, do I have to use a more up to date version of
Xastir and if so where to I find it using the "sudo apt-get install
...." command

I have been looking at the description on HowTo:Ubuntu_10.04 on the wiki
page but with respect, I'm not a programmer  :-)

--
Lasse / LA5PPA  (-2)