[Xastir] tigers maps

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Mon May 31 13:42:34 EDT 2010

On Sun, 30 May 2010, Kevin Ratcliff wrote:

> Same thing for me. To fix it, start xastir with '-m' on the command line:
>
>> xastir -m
>
> This will deselect all active maps in the map chooser. This won't make
> Internet Tiger maps work again, but it will make Xastir responsive
> again and you can select a different map to use.

For all those having trouble with Tigermaps:  This sort of thing
happens periodically, like once a year or so?  It's a government
site and it's a three-day weekend here, so give it until tuesday or
wednesday and see if it comes back.  It always has before so let's
hope it does again.

In the meantime, those of you wishing street maps that aren't
dependent on one server might consider downloading files to your
local drive for Tiger/Line Shapefile maps and getting those going.
You'll have a backup plus be able to take it on the road.