[Xastir] Installation Notes - PCLinuxOS

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun May 30 09:29:31 EDT 2010

On Sat, May 22, 2010 at 11:16 PM, Lee Bengston <lee.bengston at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just an fyi that there is now a HowTo for installing Xastir from CVS
> in PCLinuxOS 2010.  PCLinuxOS is known for being beginner-friendly,
> and it turns out that installation from CVS with this distribution of
> Linux is relatively easy.
>
> http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Installation_Notes#PCLinuxOS

Noticing a few days ago that the Installation Notes for Ubuntu 10.04
included a shell script for automated download and install from CVS, I
thought that was a really nice thing to provide, so I added an
equivalent script for PCLinuxOS 2010 in the HowTo at the link above.
I have tested it in the KDE, LDXE, and Enlightenment versions, and it
worked without a hitch in all 3.  I have not tried it in either the
Gnome or Openbox versions, but I expect it to work at this point.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT