[Xastir] 1.9.4 and problem with new Ubuntu 10.04

LA5PPA / Lasse la5ppa at nrrl.no
Sun May 30 10:03:33 EDT 2010

Den 30.05.2010 15:16, skrev Lee Bengston:
> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 3:00 AM, LA5PPA / Lasse<la5ppa at nrrl.no>  wrote:
>> It's still not working, I have reinstalled my computer two time last night
>> but the result is the same.
>> After install of Ubuntu I run the update to make sure everything is up to
>> date with fixes and then I run the script. The script works fine and when it
>> is completed I restart the computer, after restart I create a shortcut on
>> the desktop to Xastir. When doubleclicking on the shortcut I can see Xastir
>> for 1 to 2 sec. but it never shows me the first time startup screen to put
>> in my callsign etc.
>> The session restart.
>> I also deleted the hidden .Xastir folder in my Homefolder but the result is
>> the samen.
>>
>> Do I need to be a "Sudo" user, a user with same rights on the system like
>> the Sudo ?
>
> You should be able to run Xastir as the normal user - in fact there
> are security issues with running it as root.  If you start Xastir from
> the terminal instead of the shortcut, can you see any error messages
> in the terminal before the session goes down?
>
> Lee

Ok I tried to start in terminal "Xastir &" and it goes down very quick
but from comparing with another 1.9.4 install on a 9.04 Ubuntu it seems
to go down just before the Festival......
I have also started a new test installing 9.04, the upgrade to 9.10 and
if possible to 10.04. It's the same computer (IBM T40), just using
another disk.
 From start with 9.04 I have a working Xastir 1.9.4 with me and hopfully
it will work at the end when I enter 10.04

--
Lasse / LA5PPA