[Xastir] Ubuntu 10.04 Live/Installation CD remaster

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon May 31 10:21:46 EDT 2010

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/Downloads

Fyi, there's a remastered Ubuntu 10.04 live/installation CD available
now with Xastir 1.99 (CVS) pre-installed (see the link above to the
page containing the "Ubuntu-Lucid Xastir Image".  As was done in
previous versions, OpenOffice was removed in order to make room for
Xastir and its dependencies.  OpenOffice can always be added via
Synaptic or apt-get after installation.

There's been a fair amount of traffic on the list regarding the
relatively old binary version of Xastir in the Ubuntu repositories, so
this should provide some relief there.

The new iso also provides a nice way to make your own Xastir virtual
machine.  I tested the new image by creating a virtual machine with it
in Sun (now Oracle) Virtualbox (Windows version).  I'm using PCLinuxOS
these days on the Linux desktop, but it's nice to have an Ubuntu 10.04
VM to play with on the Windows box.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX