[Xastir] Linux Mint 9 & xastir

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon May 31 12:01:06 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 08:53:54AM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <ml41782 at yahoo.com> flavor, containing:
> I'm running linux mint 9 and xastir,
>
> I haven't had any issues with the install setup and saving config.
> Yes I rebooted the system too and it came right up.?
>
> I'm also running ax25 with 2 radio ports assigned along with Digi_ned. ?
>
> The only issue I have seen is with clicking on the map. it locks my mouse on the map boundries and I can't get out of it except to remote in from another machine and do a shutdown.
> as long as I dont click on the map my I-Gate is functional. ?

This is a bug  in the 1.7.5 X server that is fixed in later versions of the
server.  There is a workaround in Xastir CVS that will let Xastir work with
this broken version of X.

 "It is better to live on your feet than to die with your knees."
  -- Mil Millington on running, in Instructions for Living Someone Else's Life