[Xastir] 1.9.4 and problem with new Ubuntu 10.04

LA5PPA / Lasse la5ppa at nrrl.no
Mon May 31 14:26:17 EDT 2010

Den 31.05.2010 19:37, skrev Curt, WE7U:
> On Mon, 31 May 2010, LA5PPA / Lasse wrote:
>
>> Ok, but sorry, I'm not with you on this.
>> I'l continue to use my -2 with 9.04 and 1.9.4
>
> If you type "echo $LANG" in an xterm, what does it show?
>
> Xastir requires "LANG=C" or "LANG=en_US.UTF-8" in order to properly
> save/restore its configuration settings.
>
> If you create a script or alias like this to start Xastir, it should
> work better for you:
>
> export LANG=C; xastir &

OK, it shows en_US.utf8 and this is my startup windows when it works
(First time startup after deleting the hidden folder

t40 at T40-laptopa:~$ xastir &
[1] 2529
t40 at T40-laptopa:~$ Making user dir
Making user config dir
Making user data dir
Making user log dir
Making user tracklogs dir
Making user tmp dir
Making user gps dir
Making map_cache dir

Built-in map types:
       gnis   USGS GNIS Datapoints
        pop   USGS GNIS Datapoints w/population
        map   APRSdos Maps
        map   WinAPRS/MacAPRS/X-APRS Maps
        pdb   PocketAPRS Maps

Support for these additional map types has been compiled in:
        geo   Image Map (ImageMagick/GraphicsMagick library, many
formats allowed)
        geo   URL (Internet maps via libcurl library)
        shp   ESRI Shapefile Maps (Shapelib library)
        tif   USGS DRG Geotiff Topographic Maps (libgeotiff/libproj)
        xpm   X Pixmap Maps (XPM library)
Making user /home/t40/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf file
festival_client: connect to server failed
SayText: Couldn't open socket to Festival
Indexing maps...
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
draw_geo_image_map:sscanf parsing error
Finished indexing maps
*** Reading WX Alert log files
*** Done with WX Alert log files
convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too low):4263101696
convert_from_xastir_coordinates:X out-of-range (too high):161465600

When it failes it seems to me that it goes down after the *** Doen with
WX....

Can I just type this in the terminal window ?
export LANG=C; xastir &

--
Lasse