[Xastir] Festival proximity question.

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 3 14:48:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

  I have 2.0.0 running and have the festival speech server operating.
Works really well.
  I have a USB GPS working with my setup and the voice proximity warning
works nicely and I know how to change the distance reporting parameters.
The voice does report distance from the station but I wander if there is a way to get "it" to report the bearing too?
  Reason I ask is I track amateur rockets and it would be nice to hear the distance and bearing audibly so one could know where to look to try to pick up the descending rocket and to perhaps visually see a deployment event.  One wouldn't have to be constantly visually checking the laptop
screen for relative bearing information.
  I can't thank the developers enough for Xastir.  Dynamite application.
Am used to slackware though I am far from knowing more than 5% about it but when the new code for Xastir comes out, I just have to build and install it and all my old settings are there.

                              Best regards,
                              Kurt Savegnago KC9LDH
(Hi, Kai)