[Xastir] Festival proximity question.

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 14:54:16 EDT 2010

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 1:48 PM, Kurt Savegnago <ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I track amateur rockets and it would be nice to hear the distance and bearing audibly so one could know where to look to try to pick up the descending rocket and to perhaps visually see a deployment event.

How often do you beacon?

I have a radioshield on an arduino in a rocket, and I TX once a
second.  I wonder how xastir+festival would behave in such conditions?

>and it would be nice to hear the distance and bearing audibly so one could know where to look to try to pick up the descending rocket and to perhaps visually see a deployment event.

Elevation would be nice, too, for rockets and balloons.  Not sure
that's reasonable for standard xastir users, but it would sure be
handy for me on occasion.

-Jason
kg4wsv