[Xastir] Display Questions

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 22:08:48 EDT 2010

Here is a check to make sure xastir is actually getting understandable data
from your TNC. Go to "View" and choose "Incoming Data". You should see a
bunch of lines with packets appearing. Mine shows (coming from an internet
connection):

 2:NET-> WA0FW-10>APU25N,TCPIP*,qAC,CORE-2:=4500.33N/09330.64W-!SN!
WA0FW at Comcast.net {UIV32N}
 2:NET-> N0NAS-11>APN383,qAR,KC0TAF:!4556.65NS09424.00W#PHG6340 W3,MNn
147135p123LittleFalls www.14567.org
 2:NET->
N0BHC>APW280,RELAY2-2,qAR,KD0GQX-10:_10060256c130s000g000t062r000p000P000h39b10197wWXD
 2:NET-> AC0FO-10>T6TT1Y,PRKPNT*,WIDE2-1,qAS,K0DMF-10:'x&9l
#/]
 2:NET-> W9NNS-8>APNU19,qAS,K0DMF-10:!4541.37NS09120.49W# /W9NNS-8 W3,WIn
METEOR HILL, WI UIDIGI 1.9B3

If you don't see anything or see complete garbage then something isn't right
between xastir and the TNC. (If you are seeing stations you should also see
announcements for new stations flash on the lower left of the screen.) If
you are seeing stations, then it is likely a display issue. Knowing which
will point us in the right direction.

Since you are on a Mac and I mentioned the "All Stations" menu item before-
depending on when the source code you grabbed is from xastir could crash
when you close the stations window on a Mac. If that happens you will have
to run "killall xastir" on the command line before you start up again or you
will see odd behavior. (The fix was checked in on 21st, and it looks like
the source package on sourceforge is from the 16th, so it is likely you
don't have the fix.)

- Jason, N0RPM