[Xastir] Fetch GPS Track question (Garmin Astro)

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:04:11 EDT 2010

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010, Jason KG4WSV wrote:

> There's a hook between xastir and Garmin units using gpsman that will
> turn a track on the garmin into a shapefile, which xastir then handles
> in a special way (or you can move it to the maps directory and handle
> it like a standard shapefile map).

Yea, gpsman and gpsmanshp combined do the work.

If you could figure out how to download the tracks you were
interested in using gpsman, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to
automate that process in Xastir.  That would give you a track on
your local Xastir display.  If all you have are tracks and not a
current waypoint for the Astro rovers, it would be more difficult
for Xastir to transmit out the current position of the rovers on
APRS.  If you have moving waypoints that can be downloaded for the
rover positions, then we might have something to work with.