[Xastir] dbfawk help with contour lines shapefile

Kevin Ratcliff kevin at kevinratcliff.com
Thu Oct 14 03:46:59 EDT 2010

Greetings,

I am trying to create a dbfawk file for this shapefile which contains
contour lines:

http://inmap.indiana.edu/downloads/Contours_24K_USGS_BLOOMINGTON.zip
(caution: 70MB file)

http://inmap.indiana.edu/metadata/Contours_24K_USGS_BLOOMINGTON.html (metadata)

I was able to use ogr2ogr to convert the .shp to a format Xastir can
read, and it displays on the map. I made a simple dbfawk file that
changes the line color, and that works as well.

Now what I'd like to do is make the index contour lines display
thicker than the regular contour lines (an index contour is every 5th
contour line). In this area the contour interval is 10 feet.

Any suggestions for how to best accomplish this?

Thanks!

Kevin
KB9MQU