[Xastir] bad error msg?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Oct 18 21:09:59 EDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 18, 2010 at 06:54:49PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <jjolin at itol.com> flavor, containing:
>   when compiling xastir 1.9.9 I got this error....is it significant?
>
> In file included from shpcentrd.c:79:
> shpgeo.h:93: fatal error: proj_api.h: No such file or directory
> compilation terminated.
> make[4]: *** [shpcentrd.o] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory

This means that when the "contrib" directory of the internal
shapelib was added to the standard build of internal shapelib, guards against
building parts that depend on PROJ.4 when PROJ.4 isn't installed were not
put in place.

To fix it, either install proj and it's dev package, or install shapelib
and don't use the internal one.

There's currently a code freeze in place, so it's not going to be fixed prior
to the next stable release.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."