[Xastir] PNG snapshot issues

Tony Hunt wavetel at internode.on.net
Sat Oct 23 09:16:53 EDT 2010

Last night I did a fresh install of Mepis 8.5 followed by a install of Lee Beningstons latest deb file. Gdebi winged about libmotif3 being unsatisfiable as a dependancy but I found I could actually fix this via the repositries.

Today they did a Balloon flight with APRS running on it for about 4 hours. I managed to log the flight with xastir and also had KML as well as PNG snapshots running.

Later on I went back to xastir and now I find that every time I enable PNG snapshots xastir hangs imediately and exits after about 2 minutes. The CPU usage climbs pretty quickly to 95% on the xastir process and then xastir dies.

I dont know if this issue has been addressed recently or not but I thought it worth a mention. Also if anyone knows how to make PNG snapshots work again it would be good. I have tried a few things but its busted now.

Below is the terminal error output after xastir dies.

X Error of failed request: BadRequest (invalid request code or no such operation)

Major opcode of failed request: 188 ()

Minor opcode of failed request: 0

Serial number of failed request: 3121131

[1]+ Exit 1 xastir

regards
Tony Hunt vk5ah