[Xastir] Rainfall

Ray Wells vk2tv at exemail.com.au
Sun Oct 24 17:46:07 EDT 2010

Dave/All,

wview is not suited to my need to display 8 wx stations on a regional map.

I've been poking around in db.c an found what appears to be the code to
display Humidity. The variable wx_prec_24 appears to be daily rainfall
so, substituting for wx_hum and, converting to mm (on the assumption
that imperial is used), I end up with the following from line 2825 in db.c

  if (!Display_.temperature_only) {
             if (strlen(weather->wx_prec_24) > 0) {
                 xastir_snprintf(wx_tm, sizeof(wx_tm), "R:%.1fmm",
atof(weather->wx_prec_24)*25.4);
                 strncat(temp_wx_temp,
                     wx_tm,
                     sizeof(temp_wx_temp) - 1 - strlen(temp_wx_temp));
             }

Would anybody care to comment about this proposed alteration to db.c to
display 24 hour Rain (R) in lieu of Humidity?

Ray vk2tv