[Xastir] Rainfall

Piotr Gluszenia Slawinski curious at bwv190.internetdsl.tpnet.pl
Mon Oct 25 01:44:06 EDT 2010

> Jason,
>
> I'm looking to amend just my copy of xastir to suit a particular local need.
>
> By way of explanation, the Linux box providing the weather display for

Hello. around here Czech weather stations (or operators...) use
another technique. when rainfall exceeds 'safe' levels, and
weather predictions suggest further rainfall, flood warnings are issued,
and placed on the map.

Flood warnings are graded with plain numbers, with names of endangered
places, number representing 'level' of warning.

i am not sure if the warning points are placed automatically by
weather station(s) or operators, but method seems good enough,
and besides just displaying information, it provides data to other APRS
users - which is far nicer for me personally than any Czech radio
broadcast as - being Polish - i do not speak Czech fluently at all :)

ofc. data is also updated 'live' and accodring to changes in weather
forecast , so warning points are quite accurate and represent not only
current status, but also future (the warn-level number) situation in
very clear way one can interpret with just single look on the map :)

greetings