[Xastir] Xastir v2.0.0 has been released

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 27 15:57:49 EDT 2010

I didn't have any problems with Slackware 13.1.  I usually build from source even though I don't know what I'm doing.:-)
Used to recompile monolithic kernels right and left in the past (since '94)
when I could keep track of what chips and such were on a motherboard.
Now with USB and modules, I just let Slack load everything and recompiling
is a thing of the past for me as sometimes I don't know what is what and if I miss something, the particular device might not work or PNP won't work properly or what have you.

Building all the bits for Xastir and then building Xastir is fun for me as it reminds me of the "old days" when I could rebuild the kernel at will.

When the new source comes out for Xastir, I just unpack it, ./configure, make amd make install and the new version fires up with all my old settings and maps intact and ready to go.

The folks are doing such an excellent job with Xastir and I applaud you!
Going to try to do some high powered rocket tracking this weekend:

http://aprs.fi/?call=MWP8&mt=roadmap&z=11&timerange=3600

                                       Kurt Savegnago