[Xastir] Tiger maps?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Sun Sep 5 23:10:48 EDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:02 PM, Michael Lewis <subarub4 at optimum.net> wrote:

> As for the other Xastir not too sure how to remove it.. I might just leave
> it I'm just on linux because of Xastir so much code to just get something
> simple to run.

Sorry to bring this up so late, but reading that you are using Linux
Mint, and assuming it's the latest version, which based on Ubuntu
10.04, there are easier ways to install a newer version of Xastir.

1) Install the updated binary, which is documented at
http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.04-binary  (I wouldn't
bother with this now that you have compiled and installed the latest
from source)

2) Use the build script as detailed in the Installation Notes for
Ubuntu 10.04 at http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.04

On #2 above, the script downloads Xastir from CVS, installs
dependencies, and does the boostrap, configure, make, and make install
steps automatically.

Removing the older binary Xastir can be done by the command 'sudo
apt-get remove xastir' at the command line.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX