[Xastir] Right Click and hold

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Sep 9 16:18:26 EDT 2010

On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 04:12:42PM -0400, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <kc4lzn at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> I saw a previous posting about right clicking and holding but this
> situation is a bit different.
>
> When I right click on the map, I have to right click and hold for the
> sub-window to stay open. Has this already been addressed?

This is a consequence of a workaround that had to be inserted to deal with
a bug in the X server version 1.7.5.  That bug impacts *all* motif applications.

It has been fixed in later versions of the X server, but some systems are
still stuck with xorg-server 1.7.5, so the workaround can't be removed until
1.7.5 is a distant memory.  That could take a few years.  In the meantime,
the right-click menu requires that you hold down the right button while
selecting an option.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."