[Xastir] Can someone help fix an error in configuration

Norman Heyen n.heyen at comcast.net
Tue Sep 14 20:58:23 EDT 2010

Thank you Tom,

I changed the TT4 from AMODE TEXT to AMODE KISS, removed the Serial TNC
interface and used the KISS TNC interface in Xastir. It seems to be working,
at least as near as I can tell. I get so little traffic out here it is hard
to tell for sure. But at least a couple of packets seemed to flow through
without errors. It takes a while to get a packet to deal with from my
location.

For some reason the traffic was very high over the weekend but has fallen
off yesterday and today. Went from over 300 packets/hr gated to APRS-IS to
10-20 today. I thought I was on to something getting that many but must have
been something 'in the air'.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation and guidance, and looks like this is
about what I can expect. I'll be moving to a different box with Ubuntu 10.04
and Xastir 1.99 so I can have the OSM displayed. They look OK from the
screen without a radio attached, so just a matter of finding some time to
move everything around on the bench.

73,
Norman
KC9NVN