[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.9 help

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 18:29:58 EDT 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:

> Ok so I have the latest version does anyone use it with a TinyTrak4? I'm
> using a splitter cable right now and still waiting for a valid GPS fix but
> Xastir shows it as connected to the TT4 but I hear packets on the radio,
> should the TT4 be displaying this info in Xastir or do I have to wait for a
> valid GPS fix for it to do so?

The received packets from the air should be showing up in Xastir.
You don't have to wait for a valid GPS fix for that.

Is the TT4 in KISS mode or serial command mode?  I'm not
sure whether Xastir will be able to control the TNC in serial
command mode.  It depends on whether Byon emulated enough of a
TAPR-2 command-set or whether he did his own thing.  You may have to
use KISS mode in the TT4 and "Serial KISS TNC" or "AX.25 TNC"
interface to talk to it in Xastir.