[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.9 help

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 07:59:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, 15 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:

> Hmm I always thought you had a TT4

Nope.  I was a beta-tester for the TT1 and the TT2, and have a
PocketTracker with the TT3 chip in it, but then switched streams to
the Opentracker products 'cuz they were open-source.  I was a
beta-tester on the OT1's and Tracker2's also.

I'm currently running a Tracker2 Proto-C in the Jeep and a TNC-X at
home.  Just got a Nuvi-350 so I'm anxious to get it talking to the
Tracker2 in Fleet Management Mode to be able to do 2-way messaging
direct from the NUVI...  Been wanting to do that for a long time.

> the tracker is in KISS mode however Bryon
> can explain it better but if you quit the HT and run in monitor then yes you
> get unreadable text

Follow Byon's advice about testing it and getting it to talk in KISS
mode.  I finally saw that there was a thread about this on one of
his lists.  I'm subscribed there but hadn't seen a subject line of
interest so had ignored that thread ("Xastir" or "KISS" weren't in
the subject line).  Unfortunately there's not enough time in the
world to read every posting to every list I'm subscribed to.