[Xastir] Xastir 1.9.9 help

Michael Lewis subarub4 at optimum.net
Thu Sep 16 15:13:14 EDT 2010

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Sep 2010, John Wilson wrote:
>
>> Didn't mean to strike a nerve there...was just commenting on my
>> realization of the caps difference. I think it is inevitable, each day,
>> I get further and further away from the "other" OS.
>
> One of my favorite quotes:  "Every day in every way, I'm getting
> better and better!" - Inspecter Clouseau's ex-boss trying to get out
> of the looney bin.
>

>> Forgot about dmesg. I was using lsusb but wasn't seeing which USB it was
>> plugged into. That only gives Bus and Device. After having done that, I
>> found that it is connected to ttyUSB3. Again, I will have to put this
>> off til this evening for further testing. More to follow.
>
> Get used to USB devices getting renumbered if you unplug/plug
> devices often.  Drives me nuts.

Here is a intersting thing.. I'm trying to get minicom installed on the
laptop so I wont have to keep using hyperterminal in windows.. anyways I
was typing in "dmesg | grep tty and I have this that shows up.

dmesg | grep tty
[    0.001598] console [tty0] enabled
[    0.814394] serial8250: ttyS3 at I/O 0x2e8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A
[    0.814758] 00:08: ttyS0 at I/O 0x220 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
[  709.343826] usb 2-1: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0

should I be using ttyUSB0 or one of the ttyS0 ports?