[Xastir] I finally got it!

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 16:15:56 EDT 2010

On Fri, 17 Sep 2010, Michael Lewis wrote:

> I have it in front of me now.. with it plugged into the USB port
>
> Pins 5 & 2
> 6.4 V
>
> Pins 5 & 3
> 0V

Pin 2 is being driven, and 3 is the receiver.

The rules are simple, don't connect a driver to a driver.  A driver
to a receiver works (sometimes a driver to two receivers).  Receiver
to receiver won't hurt anything but won't accomplish anything
either.

See what's on the other end that it connects to.  A pin or small
paperclip can be used to probe the female connectors but be careful
not to damage (widen) the socket or push them in too far, contacting
the circuit board.  If the probes on the DMM can make contact then
it's best not to insert anything in the sockets.