[Xastir] OS X 10.6, Xastir and OT+

Chase Turner ke4qdl at gmail.com
Sat Sep 18 00:52:45 EDT 2010

Matt,

I've tried the following:

/dev/tty.PL2303-00001124
/dev/tty.usbserial
/dev/cu.PL2303-00001124
/dev/cu.usbserial

I believe I am current with the drivers, too.  However, I'm not sure the
drivers are current enough for 10.6?  I thought I had some thoughtful advice
from the following site:

http://www.ciskoblog.com/2006/05/  (Entry is at the bottom of the page)

But no dice.  I've gotten CoolTerm and it simply doesn't see any data
anywhere.  The little light on top of the OT+ blinks green every now and
again, but nothing gets passed to the computer.  I've adjusted the radio's
volume any number of ways and still don't seem to have any luck.

So, any recommendations for a good, Mac friendly USB to Serial cable?  This
IOGear does not appear to work.  I can't see that there is a problem with
Xastir or with the OT+ (other than maybe some stray RF getting into it) by
themselves, so this leaves the cable between them, yes?

Thanks for any help,
Chase