[Xastir] Is something going on?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 10:21:21 EDT 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Denton K Larson wrote:

> Is something going with Xastir?
> I fiddled around with it and got upgraded to 1.9.9 but my
> Online/OpenStreetMaps.osm doesn't open.

The latest 1.9.9 or one from a month back or so?

> I did look a bit and found where there was a map cache at and OpenStreetMaps
> were put
> but now they don't come up.

If you're running 1.9.9 then I assume you installed from sources?

If so:

*) Delete the /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/ files that have
    "OSM" in the name.

*) Re-run the "sudo make install" portion of the Xastir build to
    install the newest set of files there.

*) Bring up Xastir and do Map->Configure->Index: Add New Maps

After that completes, Map Chooser should then list the new
OSM_tiled_* maps.  Try "OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo"