[Xastir] Is something going on?

Denton K Larson radioguy at frontiernet.net
Wed Sep 22 15:14:33 EDT 2010

You da MAN Curt!
Everything came up great!

THANK YOU!

WB0ZUR
Denton Larson
Arlington, MN

Message: 2
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 07:21:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: "Curt, WE7U"<curt.we7u at gmail.com>
To: Xastir - APRS client software discussion<xastir at lists.xastir.org>
Cc:xastir at xastir.org
Subject: Re: [Xastir] Is something going on?

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Denton K Larson wrote:

> >  Is something going with Xastir?
> >  I fiddled around with it and got upgraded to 1.9.9 but my
> >  Online/OpenStreetMaps.osm doesn't open.

The latest 1.9.9 or one from a month back or so?

> >  I did look a bit and found where there was a map cache at and OpenStreetMaps
> >  were put
> >  but now they don't come up.

If you're running 1.9.9 then I assume you installed from sources?

If so:

*) Delete the/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/  files that have
     "OSM" in the name.

*) Re-run the "sudo make install" portion of the Xastir build to
     install the newest set of files there.

*) Bring up Xastir and do Map->Configure->Index: Add New Maps

After that completes, Map Chooser should then list the new
OSM_tiled_* maps.  Try "OSM_tiled_mapnik.geo"

-- Curt, WE7U. <http://www.eskimo.com/~archer> APRS: Where it's at!
<http://www.xastir.org> Lotto: A tax on people who are bad at math. -
unknown Windows: Microsoft's tax on computer illiterates. - WE7U. The
world DOES revolve around me: I picked the coordinate system!"