[Xastir] Debian Testing (Squeeze) HowTo Updated

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 00:50:57 EDT 2010

Just a quick note - the Installation Notes for Debian Testing
(Squeeze) have been updated as follows:

- added libcurl support (provides better OSM tile performance)
- added installation of proj.4 from repository and removed the source
installation
  (the repo version is built correctly unlike some earlier versions)
- added installation of geotiff from repository and removed the source
installation

Overall the procedure is simplified from the earlier version.

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Debian_Squeeze

I'm almost positive the procedure referenced above will work for the
new Linux Mint Debian (LMDE), but I haven't tried it out yet.  I did
compile from CVS a few days go in LMDE with no problems, but I may not
have done it exactly like the HowTo.  If anyone does try out the
procedure on either Squeeze or LMDE, feel free to post your results to
the list.

Regards,

Lee - K5DAT
Murphy, TX