[Xastir] TNC setup problem

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at comcast.net
Mon Apr 4 23:11:09 EDT 2011

Hello everyone,

    I have a fresh install of Fedroa14 with the latest Xastir installed. I
have got the USB setup and TNC will work fine in normal connected packet
mode.

    I am using a KPC-2 TNC...

    When I activate the TNC in Xastir with the tnc-startup.kpc2 file, I can
not get the TNC to transmit properly for position or message packets?
Looking at the Incoming data screen, every time the computer tells the TNC
to transmit the TNC responds EH ? I did get a few message packets to go out
but had to click the ³Kick the timer² button repeatedly but only a few of
them got out without the EH ? showing up.

    I am new again to Xastir but this one has me baffled as this same TNC
ran perfect for APRSPoint just yesterday?!?!?

Hoping to get Xastir running as I am in college for IT/IS degree and have a
Linux class starting in the fall so I am trying to hit the Linux system hard
to be ready since I am a 44 year old Sophmore... :)

Jacob Tennant - K8JWT