[Xastir] Macintosh Snow Leopard + Xastir 2 + Kenwood TM-D710A = ?

Jarett DeAngelis jdeangelis at alumni.nd.edu
Tue Apr 12 23:27:18 EDT 2011

Wow.  How did you figure out what to look for?

On Apr 12, 2011 11:25 PM, "Jeremy McDermond" <mcdermj at xenotropic.com> wrote:
> On Apr 12, 2011, at 7:57 PM, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:
>
>> Hi gang,
>>
>> I'm trying to figure out how to get my Kenwood TM-D710A working with
Xastir on my Snow Leopard-powered Mac.

>> I have a Prolific Technology serial-USB Kenwood cable that I know works
at least to program the radio with under Windows. I know the programming
cable doubles as a TNC connection cable. I am pretty sure that you put the
TNC into "PACKET12" mode to make it ready to transmit data via the port on
the back of the head unit.

>> Then what? I tried configuring Xastir to use a "Serial KISS TNC" on
/dev/ttys0. When I start the device in Interface Control, Xastir freezes.
Not really sure where to proceed from here.

> You have to use the correct serial port name. /dev/ttys0 is for Linux. My
Prolific based serial interface shows up as /dev/cu.PL2303-00004326. At a
command line prompt, do something like: