[Xastir] Macintosh Snow Leopard + Xastir 2 + Kenwood TM-D710A = ?

Chase Turner ke4qdl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 23:37:19 EDT 2011

I can't speak to what the proper settings are for the Kenwood, but I can
tell you I never could get any serial/USB to work other than the Keyspan
one.  Maybe if I had fought it harder, I could have gotten the prolific to
work- but I did everything I read about drivers, various serial ports and
versions of drivers, etc. and nothing worked.  Get a Keyspan USB/Serial.  It
works with ease.

To answer your question about how to see the ports, check this site:

http://schmeits.wordpress.com/2009/09/15/usb-to-serial-for-mac-os-x-snow-leopard/

As to why it is crashing, I seem to recall having that problem while trying
to change interface settings while that port was active.  If you close that
interface (to DOWN status) and edit it, I believe it wasn't as prone to
crashing.

Best,
Chase
W4TI