[Xastir] Macintosh Snow Leopard + Xastir 2 + Kenwood TM-D710A = ?

Jarett DeAngelis jdeangelis at alumni.nd.edu
Tue Apr 12 23:38:46 EDT 2011

In fact, /dev doesn't change at all when I plug the adapter in, though it
does get detected in System Profiler.
On Apr 12, 2011 11:32 PM, "Nick" <nwsnowboarder at frontier.com> wrote:
> Try this in the TNC Port: /dev/cu.USA19H3d1P1.1
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick
>

> On 4/12/11 8:25 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
>> On Apr 12, 2011, at 7:57 PM, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:
>>
>>> Hi gang,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to figure out how to get my Kenwood TM-D710A working with
Xastir on my Snow Leopard-powered Mac.

>>> I have a Prolific Technology serial-USB Kenwood cable that I know works
at least to program the radio with under Windows. I know the programming
cable doubles as a TNC connection cable. I am pretty sure that you put the
TNC into "PACKET12" mode to make it ready to transmit data via the port on
the back of the head unit.

>>> Then what? I tried configuring Xastir to use a "Serial KISS TNC" on
/dev/ttys0. When I start the device in Interface Control, Xastir freezes.
Not really sure where to proceed from here.
>> You have to use the correct serial port name. /dev/ttys0 is for Linux. My
Prolific based serial interface shows up as /dev/cu.PL2303-00004326. At a
command line prompt, do something like: