[Xastir] OSM maps: .geo files, local rendering?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 20:34:58 EDT 2011

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011, Jarett DeAngelis wrote:

> I am having a heck of a time with OSM.  I compiled support in but it doesn't
> show up in my map list for some reason.

Did you by chance install Xastir from a binary first, say a Debian or Ubuntua binary, then install Xastir from sources?

If so, your configuration in ~/.xastir/config/xastir.conf may be pointing to the directories that the binary packagers used, and not the default Xastir-from-sources directories.

The default map directory if you compile/install from sources is:  /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/

Your configs may be pointing to /usr/share/xastir/maps/ or elsewhere.

If you did the "make install" bit as root or using sudo, you should have a bunch of files starting with "OSM" in:

     /usr/local/share/xastir/maps/Online/

Also make sure you've reindexed your maps.  That should get them showing up in the Map Chooser if proper support has been compiled into Xastir for them.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://www.eskimo.com/~archer
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/