[Xastir] Macintosh Xwindows

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:54:55 EDT 2011

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 5:47 AM, Jacob Tennant <k8jwt at comcast.net> wrote:

> However, I somehow got Xwindows starting in full screen mode and can not figure out how to get Xwindows out of full screen mode as I have shutdown the entire computer to out of Xwindows by holding the power button until the computer shuts down. Then restart the computer again to use it.

That's not a shutdown, that's a reset, equivalent to yanking the power
cord out of the wall as far as the OS is concerned.  You will
eventually lose data doing that, if you haven't already.

In X11 output preferences, just under the little checkbox to enable
fullscreen mode it says to use command-option-a to get out of full
screen.  command H to hide or command tab to switch apps also works,
if I remember correctly (but it's been years since I used that mode,
so I may not).  command comma brings up X11 preferences.

-Jason
kg4wsv