[Xastir] Macintosh Snow Leopard + Xastir 2 + Kenwood TM-D710A = ?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:49:15 EDT 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Chase Turner <ke4qdl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Why would I need to plug it into a different port?

Because you use a laptop, and you want to grab the device and plug it
in to any available slot (sort of the idea with USB), instead of being
forced to plug it in to the same place every time.

> That isn't a functional
> requirement on my part.  And if it isn't anyone else's, I fail to see the
> problem.  I didn't notice any difficulty plugging it into any port of my
> computer and using it, fwiw.

Just because you didn't notice doesn't mean it wasn't there.  I've
been using a half dozen or so of these devices over the past 10 years,
and the issue is a serious pain if your hardware configuration changes
any at all.

Another "feature" of the Keyspan is that it's the most expensive model
I've seen.

They've also got longevity issues.  I just pulled one out of my laptop
bad for a little demo, but it was dead.

-Jason
kg4wsv