[Xastir] 2 Small problems

Jacob Tennant k8jwt at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 10:53:28 EDT 2011

OK I now have my Xastir system almost all setup except for two small
problems...

1. Can not seem to get the program to find my USB to serial adapter? This
same adapter work perfectly on my Fedora14 laptop as I added my login to the
dialup group. Can not seem to figure out how to do that on the Mac Mini for
Xastir as the same adapter works fine for Mac software.

2. I also downloaded and installed the shapefiles for my state and
surrounding states but when Xastor loads I get this error in my terminal
screen.

No DBFAWK signature for
maryland/united_states_united_states_maryland_location.shp!  Using default.
No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
Using default.
No DBFAWK signature for
pennsylvania/united_states_united_states_pennsylvania_location.shp!  Using
default.
No DBFAWK signature for
west_virginia/united_states_united_states_west_virginia_location.shp!  Using
[...]

Any ideas on how to correct this?

When I installed Xastir I followed the how-to files exactly so as to get
every type of image capability  I could get.

Jacob Tennant ­ K8JWT

PS: Any other MacOS users, I would like to ask you some questions off this
list as they are related to Mac¹s Linux capabilities...