[Xastir] 2 Small problems

Jason Godfrey godfreja at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 10:57:18 EDT 2011

On the Mac it is important to use /dev/cu.XXX as opposed to /dev/tty.XXXX.
That is a common problem encountered with xastir on Mac's.

As for the second question, are the maps you downloaded Tiger maps or
something else?

- Jason

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Jacob Tennant <k8jwt at comcast.net> wrote:

> OK I now have my Xastir system almost all setup except for two small
> problems...
>
> 1. Can not seem to get the program to find my USB to serial adapter? This
> same adapter work perfectly on my Fedora14 laptop as I added my login to
> the
> dialup group. Can not seem to figure out how to do that on the Mac Mini for
> Xastir as the same adapter works fine for Mac software.
>
> 2. I also downloaded and installed the shapefiles for my state and
> surrounding states but when Xastor loads I get this error in my terminal
> screen.
>
> No DBFAWK signature for
> maryland/united_states_united_states_maryland_location.shp!  Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
> Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> pennsylvania/united_states_united_states_pennsylvania_location.shp!  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> west_virginia/united_states_united_states_west_virginia_location.shp!
>  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> maryland/united_states_united_states_maryland_location.shp!  Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> maryland/united_states_united_states_maryland_location.shp!  Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
> Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> pennsylvania/united_states_united_states_pennsylvania_location.shp!  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> west_virginia/united_states_united_states_west_virginia_location.shp!
>  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> maryland/united_states_united_states_maryland_location.shp!  Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
> Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> pennsylvania/united_states_united_states_pennsylvania_location.shp!  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> west_virginia/united_states_united_states_west_virginia_location.shp!
>  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
> Using default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> pennsylvania/united_states_united_states_pennsylvania_location.shp!  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for
> west_virginia/united_states_united_states_west_virginia_location.shp!
>  Using
> default.
> No DBFAWK signature for ohio/united_states_united_states_ohio_location.shp!
> Using default.
> [...]

I have learned to use the word 'impossible' with the greatest caution.  --
Wernher von Braun