[Xastir] 2 Small problems

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 18:40:35 EDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Jacob Tennant <k8jwt at comcast.net> wrote:
> Ok, what does the XXX stand for? I understand in linux tho devise is ttyUSB0.

Maybe 0, maybe 1.  Depends on things like the order of enumeration,
how many devices you have, etc, on linux.

On Mac, it depends on the device driver.  For an FTDI device, it's
/dev/cu.usbserial-XXXXXXXX where XXXXXXXX is the device's serial
number.  For a Keyspan it depends on the model number and where you
plug it in.  I don't remember what the Prolific driver does.

Do you know what type of device, and have you loaded the driver?  The
only USB/rs232 driver built in to Mac OS X is the USB CDC device, and
very few devices actually use it (well, until the OT-USB and the
latest hardware rev of the Arduino, anyway).

-Jason
kg4wsv