[Xastir] ADS-WS1 weather station?

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Sat Aug 27 16:44:11 EDT 2011

Anyone here using the Argent Data Systems WS1 weather station with Xastir?
Its documentation states that it outputs data in the Peet Data Logger format,
and Xastir does have code to support that format, so I guess my question is
more "has anyone actually confirmed that Xastir's code recognizes ADS-WS1's
output correctly?"

My cheap LaCrosse 2317 has, after two years of almost flawless performance
(that after a year or so of very flawed performance) has stopped reporting wind
speed and is probably in need of replacing.  The ADS-WS1 is the only one I
could possibly afford.

 "One man alone can be pretty dumb sometimes, but for real bona fide
 stupidity, there ain't nothin' can beat teamwork." - Edward Abbey