[Xastir] Thanks....

John Ronan jpronans at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 14:30:00 EDT 2011

… big thanks to all Xastir developers.

We had a public service event here the weekend.  I put my laptop running xastir down beside the Civil Defence Radio operators. I pre-loaded (using a moving object, I must check the list for a script, I'm sure someone else has done it already) OSM topo maps at zoom levels 32, 64 as well an overall map.  Set up four map display bookmarks, one for each course and an overall map of the three.  We had three microtrak-AIO's in the three sweeper vehicles, which allowed the Civil Defence/Red Cross make better decisions regarding where to re-deploy Ambulances when they were coming back from hospital runs.

Basically they want to know if we can get more trackers next year :)

Regards
John
EI7IG