[Xastir] Soundmodem?

Joe Bennett aprs at ka3nam.com
Tue Aug 30 21:59:51 EDT 2011

Anyone else have a web page I haven't looked at over the past week about
configuring soundmodem? I can get soundmodem working in receive only mode
with the diagnostic modem tool... If I enable transmit (modulator), the
diagnostic modem tool's DCD light blinks when the packet is heard, but no
data in the window... I turn the modulator 'off' and all works fine for
receive only mode... Additionally I'm still trying to figure out how to get
Xastir to talk to it as a KISS TNC... Did the permissions thing (chmod 4755
/usr/bin/xastir). With no luck, Xastir still says 'Hard Fail".

Soundmodem will decode packets that my KPC3+ won't so it deffinately can do
a great job, just a bit of fun, to get to the fun...

Been following this hams example:

http://www.kj4ajw.com/node/18

http://www.kj4ajw.com/node/17

http://www.kj4ajw.com/node/16