[Xastir] CVS - SVN

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Tue Feb 1 20:40:57 EST 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, David wrote:

> Hi All....i can confirm CVS is not working...
> i tried to do a ./update-xastir in a terminal and it came up that it could
> not connect to sourceforge xastir cvs

An excerpt from:  http://sourceforge.net/blog/sourceforge-attack-full-report/

"CVS

CVS service is one of SourceForge.net’s oldest services and, due to limitations in CVS itself, cannot readily live on our scalable network storage solution. Validation of this data is going to require several days and we anticipate that this service will be restored sometime in the later part of week.

We are also considering the end-of-life of the CVS service and hope to have user support in migrating CVS users to Subversion in coming months. Subversion generally provides parity to CVS commands, and many of our users have made this transition successfully in the past.

>From SVN, projects can move to Git if desired."

That note was dated Saturday, January 29th, 2011.