[Xastir] SVN info (not needed or even useful yet for the Xastir project)

Chip G. n1mie at mac.com
Thu Feb 3 20:51:53 EST 2011

Thanks for the info. I notice there is a program/technology/script available for converting a repository from CVS to SVN. Is this something we should pursue ourselves or do we (or should we) wait for SourceForge to drive things? (Attempting to learn here, not be a pest, will shutup upon command.)

On Feb 2, 2011, at 19:39, Curt, WE7U wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Chip G. wrote:
>
>> Thanks for this update (and the one that followed. I know understand more fully what was being discussed earlier. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for a future update with methods for upgrading/converting as necessary. I use my own script (which I've shared before) and will need it's own tweaking. I also use crontab to nightly check the repository for updates (using "cvs -n update"), so I'd like to learn about similar SVN functions (or GIT) when the time comes (if it comes).
>
> "svn st" will check your repository against the checked-out version of SVN.  I believe that works even if you don't have network connectivity 'cuz SVN keeps a pristine copy of the version you checked out, hidden away.
>
> "svn st -u" will do a status check against the HEAD revision (latest) in the repository.  You need network connectivity to do this one.
>
> I use SVN daily.  Been using it all day today in fact on four different projects.
[...]

--
    Chip