[Xastir] OSM ubuntu 10.10 problems

Josh Smith juicewvu at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 22:28:35 EST 2011

Hi Curt,
Thanks for the quick assistance.

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 9:52 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Josh Smith wrote:
>
>> However when I navigate to the map chooser I do not see the option to
>> select the OSM maps.
>
> Look under the Map->Map Chooser "Online" directory.  Click on "Expand Dirs"
> at the top if you haven't done so.  I usually use
> "Online/OSM_tiled-mapnik.geo"

I searched for this file and found it located in
/usr/local/share/xastir/, however it seems that /usr/share/xastir was
hanging around from my previous install from the Ubuntu package
system.

I tried removing /usr/share/xastir first but when I did that xastir
failed to start with the following error:
XReadBitmapFile() failed: Bitmap not found? /usr/share/xastir/symbols/2x2.xbm

I was able to work around this error by creating a symlink
/usr/share/xastir -> /usr/local/share/xastir.

<snip>

Once again, thanks for the quick help,
--
Josh Smith