[Xastir] OSM ubuntu 10.10 problems

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Mon Feb 21 14:12:43 EST 2011

On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 11:23:24PM -0500, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <juicewvu at gmail.com> flavor, containing:
> > The state you're in now is a bit of a cross-pollination between both
> > installs. ??Some of your paths in ~/.xastir/config/xastir.cnf are still
> > pointing to the old install locations.
>
> Instead of removing my .xastir directory and starting anew I was able
> to correct this issue by replacing any references to /usr/share in my
> xastir.cnf with /usr/local/sare.

This is the best way to fix the problem.  The "move .xastir out of the way"
recommendation really only makes sense for people who have spent no time
customizing their Xastir installation.

The Wiki page describing an Ubuntu 10.10 install:

http://www.xastir.org/wiki/HowTo:Ubuntu_10.10

has that as one of the steps required for installing Xastir from sources
if you have previously installed it from packages.

 "The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off."