[Xastir] OSM ubuntu 10.10 problems

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Feb 20 23:40:52 EST 2011

On Sun, 20 Feb 2011, Josh Smith wrote:

> Instead of removing my .xastir directory and starting anew I was able
> to correct this issue by replacing any references to /usr/share in my
> xastir.cnf with /usr/local/sare.

Roger.  A lot of people aren't comfortable editing config files so the prior method I described is often easier.

You may want to remove the remaining symlinks & directories from the earlier install as well (while the issues are fresh in your mind) and also reindex your maps to make sure the map indexes aren't pointing into the wrong place.

I can't recall if there are other paths inside the ~/.xastir/ area that need to be tweaked, but you might as well do a run-through to look for them now.