[Xastir] D72 external GPS pass-through to Xastir

Kurt Savegnago ksaves2 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 23 15:07:12 EST 2011

Weeelllllll,

   After futzing around with this for awhile, indeed the local position string gets passed through to Xastir and is plotted on the map. But,
when I hit the transmit pulldown, Xastir won't trasnmit the local position.
That's not a problem with Xastir but I believe it's a quirk with setting up the D7A(g) or D72A to pass through the position data from an attached
GPS.  Darn!  Looks like the only reliable way to do that is with a USB/GPS on another port of the laptop and run the A(g) or 72 in pure packet mode.

                                     Kurt KC9LDH